Monday 12 October 2009

Progress through the weeks!

Last week we started rehearsing our chosen song covers and with the help of Issy, we have finally got schedules and timetables for rehearsing which change each week to accommodate our choices on which songs we wish to practice that week. Last week I rehearsed one session of each of my chosen songs which all had very pleasing results, and we managed to record the first basic run-through of Supermassive Black Hole, which although went really well, it will need probably the most rehearsal time out of all of my chosen songs.
I've run through California Dreamin' with Issy, which went well, but we still need a guitarist to play for us, and the composition by Jason and Steve went well, but I still need to work on backing vocals to lift the rap music from becoming monotonous - adding shape to the main rap vocals. I think the song 'Big Yellow Taxi' by Joni Mitchell is the furthest ahead in practice because we've got the lead vocals and backing vocals in place we just need to work more with the guitar, and we need to start to practice Everybody Hurts and Time Warp with everybody involved.
This week we'll be looking at practicing the songs that need most work and the ones not yet covered with first practice. Though I feel that Supermassive Black Hole, Everybody Hurts, and Time Warp should be the main songs that me and the people from the group of each song should focus on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment