Friday 2 October 2009

Brief overview of my work in progress...

Over the past week we have been working towards doing a Christmas performance, and throwing together the initial ideas to make it work and choosing the song covers we would like to perform. We have all split up into different groups for different song covers and have been practicing with different people. At the beginning of the week my choice of song cover was 'A Thousand Miles' by Vanessa Carlton and I was working with Larry (a fellow student at the Mill) on the vocals before we decided that the song was not going to work. I have also worked partly with Issy this week as well and partly Ryan, looking at Issy's choice of songs and asking for their help with melodies and harmonies.
I have learnt over the course of the past two weeks that even working on song covers is not as easy as it looks. There is so much involved with music in itself, without even producing your own material, everyone has to work together in sync and organize themselves and everything else involved, it really made me see music and the jobs involved in music differently.
Over the course of the two weeks I really feel I have started to progress in the way I think about things and how they should end up at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment